- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Connecting stones

havent written for so long. recently (and by recent i mean like within this hour) just had this picture of a stone in my head. ok, may be not a picture cause i cant really see any shape or anything. it was more of a feeling. the word "stone" came in my mind and i felt this incredible emotion. and hence, i decided to write about it. and i was thinking about what could make one have such feelings. i thought that maybe a tombstone of a loved one could make one feel like their heart has gone stone cold, or do the exact opposite of radiating warmth. im not sure if i did convey this cause im like a freaking amateur, but i tried my best and i hope its not too shabby. :)

Connecting Stones
Holding your little stone,
our names engraved with a sharp knife,
brought me back to our childhood life
at the edge of our pond, alone.

You taught me how to
make pebbles skip on water as you say
that you’ll swim like them one day
in an Olympic pool.

I cheered you on fanatically
as you trained hard against the clock
and brought home medals with a ring and a rock
and I nodded frantically.

A honeymoon in the ocean,
teasing, I pushed you down and down and down
until you could no longer make a sound
and ceased motion.

Now you lie underneath me
as I stare at the stone -half mine half yours-
tainted with wild grass but always pure,
it connects we.