- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flashing back

I'm flashing back and I keep flashing back. I'm still bewildered with what happened and why what happened. You apologized and I tell myself "it's ok, it's over." My throat is like Poland. Choking on the war between the two stronger powers of words and tears. 

And I keep flashing back- to the time when I looked for your shadow as I hear the dreadful "ping!"- to the time when I got up to get my slippers to chase after you. It was so easy, because my heavy distraught body was lifted by mom's angelic hands. I looked at her and shook my head. "I can't believe he did that"

My sister asked what happened. My dad said to go do some exercise. My mom objectified the situation. But I was a blank so "shut up!"

And I bawled my eyes out. 

My brother's simple gesture of tissue giving. My sister's little goodnight kiss. I smiled in my sleep. 

It's another work day again and I can't stop flashing back.