- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Magic Trick

So my grandfather passed away yesterday. I was just thinking about the number of deaths that I've been through the past few months and I don't know if I can take anymore of them. It has been emotionally draining. Right now, any call about the hospital is just nerve wrecking.

But let's just focus on the positives. Well, my grandfather was very sick with cancer so his last days were in acute pain. At least, he is able to be pain free now. He passed away about the same timing of the day as my grandmother did so I'd like to think that they are now holding hands and being their diabetic selves with each other. He looked so much more at peace asleep then he had been in a long time. His death was sudden but I guess the plus point was the relieve he got.

Another positive. My grandfather helped us with the lottery! First Prize! I don't really know how the different types of lottery work but I guess though the winnings were not much after splitting it among the families, they were still pretty substantial. I guess winning touched me more than the money did cause my grandfather used to love buying 4D tickets and I can only imagine him blessing us with this as a sign that he is looking out for us.

On another note. I didn't sleep at all last night. (Shout out to my amazing friend, Pam, for staying up and keeping me company the whole while < 3.) Idk.. Think sometimes I forget that he really has passed on.

Magic Trick
Tribute to my gonggong.

A volunteer?
Of course, sexy lady at the back.
Dressed in glitter, wavy dark curls, ruby lips.
Lies down in a box; the box. Tight.
Amazing cloth, always velvet.
Catch her scarlet smirk before she's gone.

Black girl, black box, black cloth.
Silver swords, silver saws, silver spikes.
Red girl, red box, red cloth?

Black Death.
No.
No cloth. No box. No girl.

Aha!
Magical cry, magical chant, magical prayer!
Puff of smoke!
Of course, sexy lady at the back.
Dressed in glitter, wavy dark curls, ruby lips.

Now.
Beige boy. Brown box. Golden cloth.
Trembling cry. Diligent chant. Holy prayer.
Incense smoke.

Grandpa?