- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Passionate fear

Passionate fear
He came from round the blind corner.
Our eyes met briefly before going back to
the phone. His presence lingered beyond
the sockets. He knows.

The next day he was there with his surreptitious
smile which I knew to grow accustomed to. Shyly
shifted to check the time. He wore blue

without fail, conquering my heart, at Eight O' Six
sharp everyday. Not a peep from me. That is
not our language.

He started bringing me places in my mind I
never knew existed. So fascinated in his glory,
I breathe at his mercy and cry at his pleasure. I
take him everywhere, like pocket providence, and
he whispers bittersweet nothings in my ear.
By the devilry he possesses, the hex, like musty
roses, course through my veins, tearing me
from my bloodline, releasing. those. satisfying.
Endorphin.

He owns my soul; at every any hour of the year.
He slumbers mostly and let the electronics entertain
the little shell as he lay; gentle, sovereign and familiar.
He’ll tug on my heartstrings when it's time to feed.
Then, he consumes me whole.