- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Fire

Fire
The fire cleanses and it destroys like Lucifer slays.
Maybe hell and the devil are one of the same,
residing on
every holy candle lit. It dances at the back
of every mind and laughs as
it consumes you like God.

It is described in many ways -
entrancingly green, glowing red,
furiously blue and dark like
the knight.
It chills as it burns and
suffocates
as it breathes.

Do you hear it cackle?

Calmly,
it envelopes and hugs my neck,
kissing with a fervor I've not felt before;
raising my hairs then razing them down;
hissing at my tears, preying with my fears;
blazing souless innocents and begging me-
begging me to fall on my knees,
bow my heart and feign mercy.

Hush.

The sky falls bland as I lay my head.
So I pray that when the light rekindles my face,
the sun would wring
from the anger within,
hipnotic evil that shall live and rise again.