- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

tight strings

today was a terrific day! (if you know sacarsm)

the day before yesterday, i was transferred to alto2. it is supose to be a good thing i suppose that i have a wide range cause i was transferred to help them. however, alto 2 was too low for me to reach. i tried. i really did. so i asked the alto SL to help me speak to the cher. i was tansferred to sop1 again.

but. good things dont last. the cher refused to acknowledge it. but i was transferred to alto 1 now instead. at least this is a section which i can probably sing without straining my voice. how great.

miss jeong ae ree always told me that my voice is my instrument, but i feel like an instrument myself now. a lifeless instrument that plays what the musician plays. im being passed around from person to person... shouldnt being an instrument be a good thing?

choir used to be full of fun and laughter. i anxiously await for every choir session everytime in the past. but choir everyday. twice a day. and reaching home naver earlier than 8.30 is not making those wondrous feelings come alive again.

juggling school with choir is like playing chords on a violin. i just pray that there wont be a day where a string from my instrument just snaps from stress.

while waiting for my mum today at the bus stop, jeremy and lih wei and i saw this lady. she asked us in a very nice tone "do you think that singapore started advancing 500 years ago?" my first impression of her was that she was deep. lih heng replied a yes and nothing more. then, her true colors, as i deemed it, showed as she screamed "how you know? you talking cock la. go ask your teacher. 500 years ago singapore dint exist what"

if you know me, you know im not one who takes these shit things in stride. i began to act profound and used big words to back him up. i said that 500 years ago, human existed. even if there is no spore, with just humans, there would definitely be advances with things such as tools. humans are not limited with resources such as land.

it worked. for she did not understand. she kept asking what. so i replied in chinese. then she went beserky again just saying "how you know? how you know? you talking cock lah." as she walked away from us.

and just like how people know me, im sure to stand my ground and fight all the way. but just before i could say what i wanted to, a guy behind me went hey dudes dudes, just ignore her. she left the bus stop. it was weird cause she came to the bus stop, sat down, asked us the question., then went off. i pity her.

that was about all for today, im super tired. physically, emotionally and mentally drained.