- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

to save our kind

I finally thought of the word to describe her- DEHUMANIZING

The manipulative mind of hers, obvious to all. Can you imagine the fear she induces by showing blatantly that mind. My only escape was in my skull. Thousands of electrical impulses, for those moments when my eyes seem glued to hers, directed straight in the bridge of her nose. Yet, just a millimeter away, fear pulls them all back. I feel electrocuted.

She addresses everyone. But, from the subtleness of her words, I could feel the phrases pierce me. Bias. It was so evident that even if you have absolutely no neurons, your hair would stand on its ends. If the girls did well, there would hardly be praises. Girls had to be good, for the guys to follow. Guys were okay, guys do their best, and girls don’t. If girls tried their best and were still bad, girls were just lousy and stupid. Skits were taboo. She never wore skirts. In her defense, sometimes she wasn’t in a biased mood. Those times, everyone was lousy and stupid.

She unleashes her true self only after she has the young ones in the palms of her hands, like a Venus fly trap. Every phloem and xylem dilated on Friday and in a quick snap, they were caught. All 32 of them. I tried to be the mediator. No, I was actually just a tape recorder, repeating what the past suffers said. I was sure I hardly meant the noises I made. I wondered if the past were recorders too. Maybe I’ve created a few new DVDs for the following generation. However, I know, what I unspool onto those white screens are necessary for the survival of our kind.