- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Cluck Cluck Cluck!

30 day writing challenge
Topic: Cluck (day 30)
It's the final day of the 30 day writing challenge! I can't believe I lasted all the way. There has been many days that I've considered taking a break because the poetry was sucking the life out of me, being all emotional and all. But I'm glad I persevered (even though, as you can see, the last few poems gradually got shorter and had less depth. Brain getting fried..)

Today's theme is cluck and since it was such an insane topic, I decided early on to write about something I was really interested in - genetic modification. However, it happened to only appear on the last day, which coincidentally is my last day in Singapore before I embark on my month-long holiday in Europe again! So, for the entire day, all I could think of was what I was going to do in the EU. Hence, this entry is about me, being born in the year of the rooster, getting excited to travel!

Cluck Cluck Cluck!
Born fourteen December nine-three,
the year of the rooster for me.
Excited, I am,
To fly with friends.
Can’t wait for great sights to see!