- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Gaping heart

30 day writing challenge
Topic: Space (day 10)
This is a tribute to my distant cousin who just lost his life. I did not get the chance to know him personally but it is still chilling for me when I heard of the news, especially since he was my age. I wish him well in the after life. May he rest in peace.
For Chua Guo Wei (1993-2015).

Gaping heart
When men of men ask of space
They talk the stars of stars that glow and shine
No. Space is where he used to place
Where now I cry, I weep myself blind
Where his smell still lingers on the sheets
Where his ghost still haunts my dreams alone
Where my regrets redden, blazes and heats
'Cause space is a cruel, gaping black hole
Thus with the devil, I’d readily sell
My soul and life and material things
For a ticket to the fires of hell
As Saint Peter sounds the judgement ring
If for a minute, you may rise
And watch me breathe my final sigh.