- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Husband

30 day writing challenge
Topic: Desert (day 20)

The Husband
Our marriage is like the desert –
almost bearable in the day. Seemingly
never-ending as we drag our feet through the
terrain. Exhaustion takes over words. The vows,
unable to withstand the blazing heat, buried deep
three yards behind. We communicate with stares of
resignation.

Life goes by on routines; dry. He – the office and
back. I – the living room, the study, the kitchen and
bed. This cycle repeats until a storm hits. Then it is
every man for himself. The fit survive but only the fittest
last. I, will live. As the thirst becomes overwhelming,
I shall quench it with tears. Luckily for me, he cries
like a man.

The nights are freezing, usually with the kid between
us. The calendar marks our next appointment; two
minutes of our minds fixated on sand in uncomfortable
areas. His wedding ring like a noose as I gasp for air.
Only he can make me feel as dead as I am alive.
I would not trade him for anyone else.