- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Monday, May 04, 2015

The Transplant

30 day writing challenge (day 5)
Topic: Tissue
Today, I spoke my first words to my ex in months. I guess it was not as bad as the replays in my head. Still, somehow, he manages to make my knees weak with a simple "hi". My heart pounded at its fastest frequency. It is funny how he can still imprison me in my own cage by my own warden. I have indeed really loved him. I wonder what was on his mind when he saw me.

The Transplant
Your compulsive eyes could capture my soul
in a glance. I suffocate by your gaze.

You are a thief.
Stole the glue that holds my sanity and
I fall, for the umpteenth time, from grace.
I wail for the element of me that absconded with you.
My frame rejects the piece of you that fused with me.

A pint of wine twice daily
to suppress the immune response.

This is a diagnosis I readily appreciate.