- Music -

Words feed and music heals but performance inspires the soul.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Poison Me

30 day writing challenge
Topic: Poison (day 18)
Read an article about Southeast Asia playing ping-pong with the current refugees makes me disheartened. Sadly, Singapore is one of them. Although I understand that we, Singapore and other countries, may not be adept to take in the sheer number of migrants, I believe that any number is better than none. I cannot begin to understand how it must feel to be one of them. Living on (metaphorically and literally) donated items. This is for the stranded refugees in Southeast Asia. Apologies for the bad attempt at shakespearean english :x

Poison Me
How in thy ordinary did I brand’d as poison pray?
Shunn’d like plague of winter nights in May.

Our tongues doth not meet. My mistress lost.
Mine children art gone. Mine name forgot.
Paper identity sits at bottoms of waters.
I, no longer man, but pest in thy world.

Mine dirt and skin a deadly potion to touch.
Mine face bleeds acid in judgement eyes of angels such.
Mine voice the starving serpent hiss "Big bro'ers,
why art thou changing thy hands o’er o’er?"

Who the po’r unfortunate acquired me!
I yearn to clasp her embrace and feel their souls.
But storm, unkind and punishing.
It swallowed me whole.